Halfway Down the Rabbit Hole

3.25.2004

Well..the rest of this week shouldn't be too hard or stressful....until the weekend because I've got two tests next week on top of some labs that I need to work on as well as more labs that I am working on this week (today and tomorrow). Busy busy busy. Anyways, I was asked yesterday to finish the webpage work I was doing on the weekend. I should be able to get it done. This weekend should be a busy one for now with homework on top of work. One good thing came out of last night: I was able to get to bed early and had a very good sleep. Now I feel a little better for now. Guess it helps to get a good night's sleep if you've been stressed out lately or feeling burnt out. I'm starting to get a clearer understanding about the processes. I've also come to realize a difference between college and secondary school. In secondary school my main goal was just to pass and receive my diploma (OSSD). In college, while that is the goal of the curriculum, it really isn't why I'm there. I'm there because I want to learn about something...I mean really learn. Not just to get marks or to pass (though I still try to do that too), but to gain an understanding of what you're learning. Sometime it's best if you can jump into it and figure things out, like throwing yourself in the water to see how fast you can learn to swim. If you can understand the processes of what does what and why, then learning will easier....

Well..that's my rant for the day...I think there was a thought in there too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home